SCU (System Configuration Utility) Introduction
The SCU or System Configuration Utility helps you to easily and quickly configure your Windows PC to communicate with your Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS).
The SCU will:
- Configure your PC's Ethernet port to use a static IP address of 10.9.9.2, so it can communicate with the ESS at it's default IP address of 10.9.9.9
- Configure Windows Firewall to allow Mach3 and Mach4 to communicate with the ESS
- New in version 2.0, the SCU will (optionally) adjust Windows components to give you the best user experience possible. These Windows components, if not configured properly can interfere with communications to your SmoothStepper:
- Power saving and unused protocols for your PC's Ethernet adapter
- The screen saver
- Display Scaling
- Windows Updates
- Windows Search and Indexing
- Performance Options
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Windows Firewall
- Windows Anti-Virus (only do this one if your PC is never on the internet).